WHEW, we made it. The home stretch, the last chapter, the grand finale—whatever you want to call it. It’s our seventh and final post in our climate-friendly home series. In this final edition, we’re sharing a roundup of all our favorite resources to help make your climate-friendly journey as simple as possible. Read on for a whole host of helpful guides, databases, toolkits, and more—and drop us a line if you think there’s something we should add.
Guides to Climate-Friendly Home Upgrades:
- Electric Fireplaces
- Heat Pumps
- Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- Geothermal Heat Pumps
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Heat Pump Dryer vs. Electric Dryer
- Energy Audits
- Induction Stoves
- EV Charging
All Things Solar:
- Rooftop Solar and Community Solar
- Battery Storage for Home Solar Systems
- LIFT Solar Toolkit: Allows you to search for community solar programs based on their designs and financing structures.
- National Renewable Energy Lab State Community Solar List: Summarizes current local community solar policies.
Incentives & Rebates
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE)
- ENERGY STAR Rebate Finder
- Ultimate Guide to Mass Save Rebates (for Massachusetts homeowners)
- Ultimate Guide to Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) Incentives
- Electricity Laws and Incentives in Colorado
- Rewiring America’s IRA Calculator
- Solar Incentives by State
- US Department of Energy’s Weatherization Assistance Program
Still looking for a resource to help you determine where to start your climate-friendly home journey? Look no further than Elephant’s tool, Your Electrification Roadmap. By answering some simple questions and providing a few key details about your goals and preferences, you can get a personalized plan to simplify your journey to home electrification.