The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles (i.e. heat pumps, EV chargers, etc).
We are a quickly scaling team of 30 and primarily based in the Denver-Metro area, where we are headquartered. We also have remote teammates (non-field roles) who travel to Denver whenever possible for company events. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment and doing our part to create a more equitable world. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities to apply.
About The Role
We are excited to add a founding engineering hire to our growing team. Reporting to the founders, the founding engineering hire will be responsible for ideating with the Head of Product and delivering on software solutions to solve homeowners’ deepest points of friction in their electrification journey. We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented, has worked in climate tech or hacked together something for the industry on the side, and has experience at a Seed – Series C startup. Other responsibilities include though are not limited to:
- Oversee the software vision and strategy to help homeowners electrify their homes
- Build new software solution truly from 0 to 1
- Oversee the hiring and/or contracting of engineers
- Collaborate on the ideal customer journey and major points of friction we should address
- Support growing a scaling company, recommending pivots and feedback along the way
- Actively perpetuate an inclusive, equitable, collaborative working environment in which psychological safety comes first
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, some of which at a startup
- Holds an interest in having an opportunity to be a strategic leader
- Has experience working with contractor engineers to deliver solutions
- Can work autonomously and build out a team in and out of house as we grow
- Excited by the potential of creating a software-enabled way for homeowners in CO, MA, and future states to become aware of electrification options and easily act to make the change with Elephant Energy.
Nice To Have, Though Not Required
- Has experience working on a distributed team, familiar with remote communication tools
- Easily can work in Broomfield, Reno, or San Francisco a couple times a month
- Has exposure to consumer products or product growth, bonus points if in the home services, renovation, or construction industry
- Annual base salary of $100k – $200k, commensurate with experience and in line with internal compensation bands
- Stock options, commensurate with experience and in line with internal equity bands
- Medical, dental insurance covered at 75% for employees
- 401k with 6% company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation & wellness/illness)
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Headquartered in Broomfield, CO – remote friendly for non field roles
Elephant Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all abilities, backgrounds, and experiences.
To apply: Send resume and an email describing your interest in working together to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Elephant Energy – Founding Engineering Hire
Join the HERD! 🐘
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com