The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles (i.e. heat pumps, EV chargers, etc).
We are a quickly scaling team of 30 and primarily based in the Denver-Metro area, where we are headquartered. We also have remote teammates (non-field roles) who travel to Denver whenever possible for company events. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment and doing our part to create a more equitable world. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities to apply.
About The Role
Based on an ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes, we are adding more Project Managers (PM) to successfully deliver home comfort and electrification projects. This PM role is based in Boston, MA. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Oversee the successful delivery of home comfort and electrification projects – You are accountable for the entire project scope, the project team and resources, the project budget, and the success or failure of the project.
- Lead planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing out projects.
- Understand & articulate project goals, develop reasonable project schedules, coordinate scheduling with contractor partners, manage homeowner expectations, and keep all stakeholders aligned and informed.
- Develop and execute detailed processes and task lists; use best practices and tools to efficiently track, delegate, and ensure completion.
- Monitor project risks and develop/implement mitigation strategies in real time.
- Provide internal and external feedback to improve our ability to sell, scope, design, and execute projects; Improve our Project Playbook.
- Identify opportunities to deliver an even better experience for all stakeholders – homeowners, contractor-partners, suppliers, etc.
- Ensure our Project Management capabilities are world-class – effective, efficient, replicable, scalable, etc.
- Help scale our Project Management team through hiring, training, and collaborating with other Project Managers.
- Actively perpetuate an inclusive, equitable, collaborative working environment in which psychological safety comes first.
- 3+ years experience managing projects in residential HVAC, Energy, or a related industry with demonstrated success.
- A business generalist – capable of handling a wide range of situations and conversations, engaging with customers, negotiating with contractors, problem solving with suppliers, and developing and operationalizing processes.
- You have a toolkit of project management skills and are passionate for continuous improvement in operations.
- You’re passionate about changing the world via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a genuine self-starter; you get stuff done and promptly.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You know a little about a lot – Energy, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Business, Finance, Operations, etc.
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities.
Nice to Have, Though Not Required
- Working knowledge of or interest in building science
- Technical or engineering background
- Annual base salary of $60k-100k, commensurate with experience and in line with internal compensation bands
- Stock options, commensurate with experience and in line with internal equity bands
- Medical, dental insurance covered at 75% for employees
- 401k with 6% company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation & wellness/illness)
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
To apply: Please fill out this form.
Thank you for your interest in Joining The Herd! 🐘
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.