The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
We are a quickly scaling team of 30 and primarily based in the Denver-Metro area, where we are headquartered. We also have remote teammates (non-field roles) who travel to Denver whenever possible for company events. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment and doing our part to create a more equitable world. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities to apply.
About The Role
We are excited to be hiring a Head of Operations! Reporting to our cofounder Josh, the Head of Operations will be responsible for delivering projects at scale. This role is more tactical than strategic in nature and due to the occasional onsite nature of the position, we are looking for someone based in Colorado – though open to remote. Other responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Own the entire Project Delivery platform: the project management team, the customer journey (post contract execution), supply chain (equipment), vetted installer-partner network
- Define what success looks like for the Project Delivery pillars; develop metrics to monitor and iterate as needed if we are not meeting the definition of success
- Own and improve our Project Delivery roadmap: work directly with homeowners, installer-partners, and internal teams to understand challenges in order to perpetuate internal continuous improvement
- Partner closely with management to develop and execute on corporate strategy objectives
- Actively perpetuate an inclusive, equitable, collaborative working environment in which psychological safety comes first
- 5+ years operations experience (offline, physical infrastructure projects) and 2+ years experience managing a project management team
- You have a robust project delivery toolkit honed by experience: KPI-driven project management frameworks and tools, Total Cost of Ownership perspective, continuous improvement strategies, communication methodologies
- You have a broad range of interpersonal, spoken, and written communications skills and leverage your versatility to build relationships across all stakeholders
- You have a genuine affinity for collaboration and bringing out the best in people;
- You are committed to setting and meeting realistic timelines, while managing ambiguity and competing priorities
- You’re passionate about combating climate change via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology
Nice to Have, Though Not Required
- Experience working in residential construction and managing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc trades.
- Experience directly managing installer-partners and helping them improve their businesses and project delivery capabilities
- Experience with residential electrification
- Experience scaling project delivery capabilities by 10x or more
- Annual base salary of 120k-150k, commensurate with experience and in line with internal compensation bands
- Stock options, commensurate with experience and in line with internal equity bands
- Medical, dental insurance covered at 75% for employees
- 401k with 6% company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation & wellness/illness)
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
To apply: Please email a resume, how you learned about the role, and any other supporting application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Joining The Herd! 🐘
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com