Website Elephant Energy
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
The HVAC Team Lead will be responsible for building our internal capabilities and developing our installer-partners to deliver Heat Pump projects at scale in Colorado.
To succeed at Elephant Energy, you must be energetic, organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building and making things better. You embrace a team ethic and are capable of being self-directed to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
Location: Boulder-Denver Metro Area
As an HVAC Team Lead you will:
- Install and Commission residential Air Source Heat Pump systems – high quality, on-time, on-scope, and on-budget.
- Build out our internal capabilities and processes to deliver on #1.
- Work with existing Installer-Partners to transfer Elephant processes and best practices (The Elephant Way)
- Understand & articulate project goals, develop reasonable project schedules, coordinate scheduling with contractor partners, manage homeowner expectations, and keep all stakeholders aligned and informed.
About You (General Requirements)
- Licensed in Colorado (or can become so quickly). F32 – National Standard Residential Mechanical – Class C. NATE certified or willing to get ASAP.
- Expert in Heat Pump System Installation & Commissioning – Will perform high quality HVAC installation & commissioning work; Specifically – Mitsubishi Cold Climate / Hyper Heat Ducted and Ductless Systems.
- Experience with heat kits and lockout kits preferred
- Knowledgeable about Building Science and Home Comfort – You know and display a passion for improving home comfort through electrification. Experience with duct systems, humidification, smart thermostats, etc.
- Team Player – You want to build an internal team and is excited to train our existing Installer-Partners
- Process-Oriented – You want to build SOPs to improve the efficiency of our teams in the field.
- Continuous Improvement – You will provide input on how best to grow and scale our HVAC capabilities internally and with our installer-partners
- Digitally-Savvy – You will use our internal tools such as Slack, Pipedrive, Asana, Google Drive, etc.
- Fast Learner – You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities. You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- Passionate About Electrification – You’re passionate about impacting sustainable change in the future of energy via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- Make Us Better – You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have (Pluses)
- Familiarity with Mitsubishi’s Diamond System Builder
- NATE Certification
- Ability to do some residential service tech work if required
- Interest and ability to train our internal team and installer-partners
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People driven culture
- Pay commensurate with experience; Salary range $90 -140k
- Stock / Equity options
To apply: Send resume and an email describing your interest in working together to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: HVAC Team Lead
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com